Rounds Logging Guide
This tutorial will cover the following:
• Important Information
• Logging Into Rounds Logging
• Route Quick Search
• Downloading Route
• Entering Measurements
• Condition Entry Request
• Route List and Ending a Route
Rounds Logging has been designed to work both Online and Offline. However, there are restrictions to Offline Uses.
- Routes can be downloaded to the Wireless Device. After a Route has been downloaded, that Route restricts any other users from accessing that route.
- Route Points will be saved to the server once "Save" has been clicked.
- "End Route" will save and upload the Route back to the server, allowing other users to select that Route.
- Routes can not be downloaded.
- Only one route can be opened during Offline Status.
- User must have the Route opened before going Offline or the user will not be able to access the Route.
- Measurements can be added, but not saved to the server.
- Route Points will be saved to the Device's "Cache" until the Device is back Online. Once a connection is found by the Device, the "Stored Data" will be automatically uploaded.
- User can not navigate away from the browser or all information will be lost.
Note: Users will be given two pop up warning messages that all data saved to the device will be lost before leaving the Route Measurement Entry pages.
To log into Rounds Logging the user must contact us
to be set up as a user. Once a user is set up, a URL will be given to the user. This URL will provide a Log In Screen to access the User's Routes.
1.) Enter User Name and Password (this will be the same username and password as your Tango™ Account)
2.) Touch "Login
3.) Select the Database associated with the Route
On the Available Routes List, a user can filter the results with the Route Quick Search.
To filter the results, touch in the text box and type a keyword to search, then touch the
To return to the full list, touch the
and all available routes will refresh.
Once the user has logged in and selected the database (described above)
, a list of available routes are will be displayed (Available Routes Page).
To download a route, simply touch the desired Route. The Route will open, starting with the first Route Point.
Once a user has downloaded and open the Route, they must keep that Route open before going Offline to be able to enter measurements.
Once a Route has been downloaded and opened, other users will not be able to see or change Route information.
To enter measurements for a Route, the Route must be open in the browser (described above)
Once opened, the Route will start from the first "Route Point
Depending on the Route Point, the user will have different input options (drop down list, text field, etc.)
1.) Touch the input area
2.) Enter or select the measurement taken into this field (if a menu list pops up, click "Done
" after making a selection)
3.) Click "Save
4.) After clicking save:
- The next Route Point will be displayed if the measurements are within set limits.
- A Condition Entry Request Screen will be displayed if the measurements are outside of the set limits, after a Condition Entry Request is saved, the next Route Point will be displayed.
5.) Repeat steps 1-3 until all Points are completed
6.) Users can browse through the points by touching the "Prev
" or "Next
" buttons at the bottom.
7.) Once all points are correctly entered, users can review the status of each point in the Route by touching "Route
" at the bottom of the screen.
This may only be used during Online Status, touching "Route
" while Offline will result in Lost Data.
If a Route Measurement is entered and saved that is not within the set limits, a Condition Entry Screen will be displayed.
Enter a reference number and a comment into the appropriate fields and touch "Save
Once a Condition Entry Request is saved, the next Route Point will display. However, the "Request" is attached to the Tango™ Application's ICR (not available in the Web Service) and can be used to create a Condition Entry.
The Route Point List will show the Order number, Status (measured or not measured), Route Item/Location, and Bar Code. Points highlighted in Green are measured, yellow highlight indicates the next point requiring measurement, and no highlights still requires measurements.
Touchable Options for the Route List:
- "Order Number" - Touching the order number beside a Route Point will display that point and measurements can be add/adjusted.
- "View Route" - This will display the Available Route List.
- "End Route" - This will end the Route, upload the saved information to the server, and restore the Route back to the Available Routes list.
- "Cancel Route" - This will cancel the Route currently open/stored and restore it back to the Available Routes list without saving any changes or adding any measurements added.